Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lions, Cheetahs , and Zebras, oh My!

We are on safari! Writing this post from the most expensive Internet ever, so we must be brief:

1. A piece of advice: when on safari with Alicia, be sure to keep the glass door shut so she doesn't wake up in the middle of the night worried about being eaten by a lion (she thought she heard creepy breathing noises).

2. Being woken up by elephants making big elephant noises is possibly the only way I'm ok with being woken up in the middle of the night, besides possibly being woken up with the information that I just won the Thai Lottery (and cuddles from Alicia!).

3. Hippos smell. Really bad.

4. Lions are lazy (when not hunting).

5. All the people we've met and interacted with from Tanzania are so, so nice. It is also a bonus that Kswahili sounds awesome.

5a. Our driver, Hamisi, is the greatest.

5b. Land Cruisers are really neat (and bumpy, says Alicia).

6. Giraffes are crazy mutated camels. When they run it looks like they are in slow motion, and could fall down at any moment.

7. I want to talk to the Zebras, and Alicia thinks I'm crazy.

OK, out of time for today. More when we are done with our safari on July 4th.

-Jonathan

3 Comments:

At July 1, 2008 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Justin said...

I would like to see a photo of you and a zebra talking over coffee/tea. Thanks very much.

 
At July 3, 2008 at 5:50 AM , Blogger vix said...

wish i could see the animals with you two, enjoy and take lots and lots of photos! still waiting for hair pics! vix

 
At July 5, 2008 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Rob said...

I will put the full post on the next entry. But I think it is a great idea to talk to the zebras. please ask them why they stand side by side facing each other for me. They speculate it is to confuse predators, I think it is to amuse humans....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home