Friday, August 1, 2008

the worst noise luck

OK..it seems as though not enough of you crossed your fingers for us after my last blog post!! We are in our second hostel in Cape Town, and last night bad blaring top 40 hip hop, and screaming drunkies kept me up till 4 am!!! Gross!!! I am so over the hostel badness.
If you decide to come to Cape Town, whatever you do, have a budget that allows you to stay in a hotel and not a hostel, or at least not on popular party Long St. The amazing thing about our lives is that we get to travel, but the bad part is having such a strict budget..we really had no other option to stay some where reasonable, and even at one point last night I though to myself, "well, if you can't beat em, join em" Only problem is we had met our budget for the day, so we would not even be able to afford to join the raging lunatic party people for drinks!!!!
So We suffered another bad nights sleep. And you all know how much I love my sleep!!! We have 3 more nights here, before we go east of Cape Town to a spot called Wilderness...which I am hoping so much has the tranquil sounds of wilderness vs party 9000!!!
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a party and a cocktail...I would just love to have the extra$$ and maybe a cooler less juvenile party!!
Today after the best coffee ever from our fav spot on Long St, Mr Pickwicks Deli { a cafe that makes the most delectable soups, salads, and sandwiches, with plenty of organic vegetarian options and smooth chilled music playing} we went to a local record shop in the hopes of finding some flyer's for a cool night out. After ringing a bell, and being buzzed in { a common theme at shops here to keep the street scum out} we traipsed up 2 flights of skinny creepy steps to a fierce lil spot on the top floor with 2 guys up there. there were 3 small rooms and a balcony. One of the guys was playing records, the other greeted us. This was just the look we were after. The guy Mike who owns the spot invited us to a deep house private party he is hosting on the balcony there on Sunday afternoon till late. FINALLY!!! If this was not what we were looking for, then I don't know what is.
Coming from San Francisco, and being spoiled with Sunday afternoon house parties we are so excited to have a moment like that!! All I am hoping now is that the weather holds up, as it is pouring right now, and has been super crappy the past couple of days.
I will let you all know how the party turns out, but no matter what its got to be better than the rave/teeny bop sounds we have been hearing!!!
ztztzt
xoxoxoxo
Alicia Claire

2 Comments:

At August 1, 2008 at 11:31 AM , Blogger vix said...

Alicia Claire and Jonathan, hope your party with "adults" was better than what you live with at night. I love your decriptions!!! The cooking at 6A are the ones just coming home as you well know. Too bad you couldn't just join 'em. We have learned over the years that if we are going to a resort we do not want to be too close to the "disco" and not near the bar or any hot tubs either!! Oh well live, learn ane enjoy!! love vix

 
At August 12, 2008 at 1:09 AM , Blogger Nina said...

Your description reminds me of my first time visiting Bangkok, where I didn't know any better and got stuck in a guest house right on the main drag of Khao San road. If you are jet lagged beyond belief and can sleep like the dead, the crappy psy-trance and top 40 eurotrash is sleep-through-able, but for the unfortunate rest of us, it makes us long for some noise-canceling earmuffs. I feel your pain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home