Thursday, July 31, 2008

I don't like winter

Its official..I do not love winter in Boston, nor in San Francisco, nor in Cape Town. I need warm!!! Its just quite dismal rainy, gray and dreary here at the moment..
I guess you should all check back in with me though when we are in India on the tail of Monsoon, and in close to 100degree heat..I am not so sure I will love that either!!!
Today we are relocating to a new hostel here in Cape Town, and we are anxious to see if the drams of psy-trance bumping so loud till midnight, and people slamming dishes in the kitchen starting at 6am happen there too...we are crossing our fingers that the situation is a little quieter. I mean..I would even settle for just good music played loud..but psy-trance??!?!?!!! Come on!!! We are not at a bad 90s rave wearing neon and swinging glow sticks at each other all illuminated by black lights and laser beams!!!! Nor do I want to be, EVER!!! Please, I ask you all to cross your fingers for us too!!
As for the rest of our time here I am hoping to meet some cool people. We have been out a few times with no current success. Its a shame really, we are in what is supposed to be a fierce city, but we just can't seem to crack it. Although, it may have something to do with the weather. Were we in San Francisco and the weather was like this I would be hibernating, so maybe all the locals are just cozied up in their apartments eating popcorn and watching movies..
ok..of to lug our life to a new residence for the time being!!
xoxoxo
Alicia Claire

2 Comments:

At July 31, 2008 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Kilaru Sambaiah said...

JC,
If you wanted to travel only in summer, you have to plan North Hemisphere one time and South another time.
sam

 
At August 1, 2008 at 11:06 AM , Blogger vix said...

Good luck Dreamman and Baby Girl!! Vix

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home