Sunday, August 3, 2008

FINALLY!!!

On our last day before leaving Cape Town we finally had an amazing moment!!
It only took us 9 tedious rainy and cloud filled days to get there. A few days ago upon Jonathan's request we went to a local record shop to check out flyer's trying to find a cool party or event. {I think I mentioned this in an earlier entry} Non the less, the guy in the shop mentioned a party he would be hosting on Sunday that was his private event, and that we would need a password to get in. This is what we had been waiting for!!!
This morning Jonathan checked his e mail and he had received the password as promised. After a delectable late brunch of sauteed onions and garlic mixed into a scramble of eggs and goat gouda, accompanied with toast {raspberry jam for me} and fresh grapefruit which I prepared in our kitchen here for my lover and I, we sauntered over to the party. Mind you, the kitchen is the only good thing about staying in a hostel in Cape Town!...Chance had it that the party was literally next door on the rooftop of one of the night clubs that has been driving us crazy at night. This party was not affiliated with the club, though..at least I do not think so.
Once again as chance would have it..today was the most beautiful day!! Too good for us, since I was on the brink of madness with the bad weather and bad luck in tapping into this city. The music was housey and cool. The crowd was relatively young, but a good mix, and all intellectual funky types. I was quite relieved to finally meet some good people and interesting locals.
Lover and I hung out all afternoon sipping on yummy cocktails and taking part in wonderful conversation. I was only too happy to have this moment. Almost sad though that, it would happen on our way out of Cape Town, but I guess, better to have had the experience at all than not!!
Today proved to me that this city does have something to offer, and I would not mind re investigating this place out under different circumstances...summer, more $$ to spend, not staying in hostels. This very well might be a spectacular place, we have only just seen the tip of the ice berg, so Cape Town...till next time, and I am sure it will be a better one.
xxooxox Alicia Claire

1 Comments:

At August 4, 2008 at 11:03 AM , Blogger vix said...

sorry to hear about so little to see and do for 9 days in Cape Town. now you are off to where? still living my summer off of your tales!! love,vix

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home