Saturday, November 22, 2008

3 thats the magic number

Not to mention, my fav number as well!! Well..lets see, we have been in 3 countries in 3 days. Pretty wild. Lover and I were in Malaysia, then Singapore, now Blai. The past couple of days have certinly been whirl wind, and I am happy to not be on a bus or a plane!!
Malaysia was perfect, and secretly I wish we had had a lil more time there. Our plan in going to Kuala Lumpur was to get tattoos from artists at a shop called Borneo Ink. We had contacted them in hopes of getting an appointment, but seeing as they are famed world renowned artists, of course they were booked. Due to our magnificent luck, {and the fact that my dad is a fellow tattoo artist as well didnt hurt either} Eddie told us to stop by anyways and they would try and fit us in. The artists at Borneo Ink are a family of wild ones. Eddie, Lina and Simon are all brothers and sister. I got worked on By Lina, and Jonathan was inked by Eddie, Simon was out of town so we did not get to meet him. For as well reputed as they are, they were incredibly laid back, modest, and were super accomidating to us.
Up until now, the only person to torture me with a needle has been my dadio, so it was strange to have someone new work on me, but Lina was phenom. Her touch was perfect, not too aggresive, and the line work is super crisp and clean. Both dreamman and I love the finished outcome of our new art. {pictures soon to come}
We eneded up hanging out at their studio 2 days in a row, as they could squeeze me in on one day, and Jonathan the next. Eddie and Lina are crass, tough, funny, and were too nice to us. We had laughs about tattoo stories, and I think Eddie loved that I was offspring of a tattooer! After Jonathans tattoo on the second day they invited us to go out to dinner with them. We were elated. Not only did we get amazing new tattoos, but we made some fab new friends.
The next day we had a bus back to Singapore in the afternoon, but before we left we went to the Batu Caves, an astronomical spot that you have to climb many stairs, and fend off flying momkeys to get to!! It was well worth waking at 8 am and hiking up for!!
That evening we chilled out in Singapore, back at our hostel that I alreday mentioned, and by this point hated. We ate a late dinner of traditional food, and passed out. The next day we were off again..to Bali.
Here we are, and so far I am in love!! We have a month here, and I fear that it will be over too soon.
ok...xoxoox
Alicia Claire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home