Monday, October 20, 2008

Bat %&#@!

Last night I ran up to our bungalow to grab something. Through the dim light of my flashlight I noticed some weird plantish-fiber-ish dropping like material (which we had seen before on our porch). Our theory was that this came from an animal.

Right as I was going to walk over the gross pile (on my way to the broom) another little bit came down, narrowly avoiding my head. I stopped and looked up and about a foot from my head was a distressed bat, which promptly flew away.

It scared me quite a bit, and I almost fell backwards off the railing-less stairwell!

There ended up being another bat asleep right in front of our door. It ran away too as soon as it 'heard' me. Both had returned when we came back for bed.

And there was bat poo all over our porch and stairs this morning... Ahhh, the jungle!

-Jonathan

2 Comments:

At October 20, 2008 at 1:08 PM , Blogger vix said...

vs01r0cvqRichard and I had a bat in our house, it was sitting on the bathroom curtain. Scared the #$&* out of me.........BUT Richard calmy picked up the curtain, bat and all brought him outside where he flew away, but not until he circled and "Thanked" Richie!! vix

 
At October 20, 2008 at 1:09 PM , Blogger vix said...

Richard and I had a bat in our house, it was sitting on the bathroom curtain. Scared the #$&* out of me.........BUT Richard calmy picked up the curtain, bat and all brought him outside where he flew away, but not until he circled and "Thanked" Richie!! vix

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home