Thursday, October 16, 2008

Icelandic

A quick bit of fun

So some time last week on Koh Tao lover and I went to one of the many beach bars for a cocktail. The bartender, a short Thai guy, bronzed to perfection, covered in Tribal tats, and featuring stretched ears, looked at us quizzically and asked where we were from. We stated San Francisco with pride, and he looked at us even funnier. He then said, "I thought maybe you were from Iceland." I said "Iceland??!?!" and he said "yeah look at your skin"!! I loved this moment. All I have been trying to do is stay as pasty as possible and not look like the afro mentioned boiled sausages!!!! So we are working the Iceland look in Thailand and I am loving it!!!!

xooxox
Alicia Claire

2 Comments:

At October 18, 2008 at 9:25 AM , Blogger vix said...

Hey I thought that all you could buy was fake tanning lotion over there. How are you managing? Love, vix

 
At October 19, 2008 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Alicia Claire and Jonathan said...

I guess Thailands sources are a lil more reputable than Indias... many more white colored travelers here..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home