Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Alive

Hey lovely readers!
Ok..As you know we made it, and are in Thailand, or the small tropical hot island of Koh Tao to be specific.

We arrived in Bangkok after an easy breezy flight as Jonathan has told you about, but what he did not tell you was that miss thing who checked us into our amazing {cant thank you enough Rob} hotel, was fierce. She was precious like most Thai ladies, and was featuring huge false eye lashes. I loved her immediately and felt at home. I only wished I had some falsies with me so that we could parade around together batting lashes!!!

I could not have been happier to be out of Delhi and into a much cleaner modernized city!! All I needed to make the night complete was some good Thai food. We walked around for a while looking for a spot that had anything without meat...as Thailand is not for vegetarians. Every dish has pork guts or some other eye balled creature in it. Not my cup of tea. We found a spot where I could have cliche pad thai and I was happy. If I could only have seen into the future, I would have starved before filling my belly with what I thought was good.

Somehow I made it through Africa, and India {the filthiest of filth} and came out clean and healthy. Who would have ever thought that in a country with girls working false eyelashes that I would be poisoned by the nastiest of bugs my body has ever come in contact with?! I ended up suffering for the next 24 hours, every hour to be specific with the most horrible and vile sickness known to man. I did not even think my body was capable of a sickness of that magnitude. The next 2 following days were spent lying in bed with a limp and weak body just trying to eat the plainest food to give me some energy. I basically did not recover from all the drama and wooziness for about 5 days. I am FINALLY feeling like a normal human again. Still not 100% but better.

Koa Tao is gorge, and just what the doctor ordered. Nothing but Beach, sun, good food, and some serious heat to deal with here. It is hotter than I can handle actually, but the water is so stunning that its ok. This is definitely one of the most beautiful places in the world, no wonder Thailand is such a popular traveled place.

Ok...just wanted to let you all know I was alive...

xoxoxoxo
Alicia Claire

3 Comments:

At October 10, 2008 at 5:55 AM , Blogger TC said...

HEyyyyY! Just got caught up in the dream-tripping! I love the ladies with false eyelashes! adorable.
sorry about the illness, thats never a good time.
everything is just dandy over here in NYC! Got another postcard from ya'll just yesterday.... I tell my mailman (Wesley) all about your trip. he loves it.
be good! thinking of you two always!

 
At October 10, 2008 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Rob said...

Hey gorgeous. Glad to hear you are starting to get your mojo back. And glad you are getting time re-coup and enjoy the beauty.

sawadee

 
At October 11, 2008 at 5:30 AM , Blogger vix said...

Alicia Claire, soooooooo happy to hear that you are feeling better!! Watch out for the food!! Love you both. vix

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home