Sunday, September 21, 2008

simple

and stunning. Dharamshala is both of those words co-mingled.
Tonight lover and I had dinner at a local joint that is a Tibetan restaurant. There were only 3 tables, and a precious couple who served us. Normally I am not so much of a soup girl, but it had been raining and there is a quite cold chill in the air, so I went for the warm goodness.
Tibetans know how to do soup. It was everything I wanted, warm, cozy, vegetable broth, soft noodley and veg goodness. Hanging on the wall was a saying that the Dalai Lama himself had spoken. I read the passage, and I agreed with it. It is simple. It is true. I just thought I would share it with all of you:

The Paradox of Our Age

We have bigger houses but smaller families;
more conveniences, but less time;
We have more degrees, but less sense;
more knowledge, but less judgement;
more experts, but more problems;
more medicines, but less healthiness;
We've been all the way to the moon and back,
but have trouble crossing the street to meet
the new neighbor.
We build more computers to hold more
information to produce more copies then ever,
but have less communication;
We have become long on quantity,
but short on quality.
These are times of fast foods
but slow digestion;
Tall men but short character;
Steep profits but shallow relationships.
It's a time when there is much in the window,
but nothing in the room.

by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

Ok..thinking of all of you,
xoxoxo
Alicia Claire

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2008 at 9:00 PM , Blogger TC said...

ahhhhH!!!!!! i just read the last 3 weeks of entries! I am loving every second of it. I can't believe you are working it across the globe. It's so exciting. I love the house boat story. amazing.
anyway-- all is well in BrooKLyN! love you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home