Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Little Miss Muffet

Would have had a heart attack at what was in our room last night. Any of you seen Arachnophobia? Yeah, well this spider was that big!! It was at least the size of a silver dollar legs and all. I am not kidding you.

Lover and I were relaxing after our exhausting and exhilarating day {I will tell you all about that later} and I saw a huge black thing on the wall over the sliding doors to our balcony. {we splurged for a couple of nights on a nice place after all the badness} I sat up, and wasn't sure if I was seeing things correctly. I asked Jonathan if that was a giant bug, or a hole in the wall. I was this confused. But..it was a bug. A spider. The biggest spider I have ever seen. Jonathan turned to me as quickly as possible and said "Don't scream". He was afraid I would frighten this monstrosity, and then we would never get it. Even Jonathan was afraid of this guy. I cannot express to you enough how gigantic and black and creepy this spider was was!!!

Jonathan told me to go get the guy at the front desk for help. This was not the sort of job that could be done with a cup and a piece of paper slid underneath to get rid of it. I flew down the two flights of steps and ran into the lobby all crazy. When I told the guy that there was a spider and we needed his help he replied "Where's your husband?", thinking that he could handle it. I told him he was up there with it, and we needed his help, as I turned and bolted back up the stairs. The front desk guy followed with a towel in his hand.

Once in our room he stood on a chair and caught the damn thing in the towel. He then laughed as he went outside, and said "Manali spider". Apparently this was no thing to him. Whatever. That spider was too much for us!!!

xoxoxo,
Alicia Claire

3 Comments:

At September 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM , Blogger vix said...

Alicia Claire, we know that you are suppose to be me....but this is ALL Diane. The whole time we were growing up, it did not matter how little or how big the bug was but you would think that ALL of them were like the one you saw there!!! Diane would scream and carry on until she had proff that it was either dead (preferably) or gone (always difficult to prove)!! I LOVE Jonathan telling you not to scream!! I also love that the clerk asked where your husband was. Richard once helped a bat (like in rat with wings) get out of our house and swears that the guy gave an extra fly by just to Thank him. Love, vix

 
At September 18, 2008 at 12:43 AM , Blogger Justin said...

http://www.google.com/search?q=Manali+spider

The number 2 result for a google search of "Manali spider" is THIS BLOG ENTRY?!!! You'll be a wikipedia reference before you know it!

 
At September 26, 2008 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Whenever I need a laugh (and I'm tired of the YouTube Takeshi's Castle clips you sent me) I go back and read Little Miss Muffett:
"... Whatever. That spider was too much for us....."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home