Sunday, September 21, 2008

If it seems too good to be true...

Then it probably most defiantly is, especially if you are in India!!!

{This is something that happened to us a while ago, back when we were in Alleppy, Kerela, but I just thought to tell you now}


As I am sure you are all well aware, I am pale. And I intended before even leaving for this trip to stay as pasty as possible whilst in dramatic tropical climates. I packed as much Banana Boat as we could fit in our over stuffed packs, with the knowledge that it would just not be enough and we WOULD need to replenish it. Most likely with something not up to my pale and esthetic standards. I just had to grin and bare it, and cross that bridge when we got to It.

Well, that bridge was here in India. In Kerela to be precise. We had picked up some extra sunscreen in a duty free shop in the airport in Jo burg, right before leaving Africa for safety. We were not totally out of sunscreen at this point, but I knew it was around the corner, and wanted to be proactive. But, I was not in love with the mystery sunblock {which contained no zinc oxide by the way}.

While in Alleppy, as we strolled the boardwalk of a usually highly trafficked, traveler spot, we stopped at a corner shop to buy some soap. There, on display was my fav, BANANA BOAT!!!!! I could not believe our luck. On op of that, the price was cheap!! I had expected it to be jacked up in price, but it wasn't. Jonathan and I could not believe the extreme luckiness of this situation. All the sunscreen I had seen up to this point was crap, and not trusted to protect my delicate skin. This almost seemed like a miracle, too good to be true, to tell you the truth!

Later, still in India, no longer in Kerela, we popped open our new banana boat sunblock spf 50, sweat and water proof, the whole time too excited for our find. The cream was of paler consistency, but I just figured that it might be a little of a different make up due to the different market in which it was made. {Colgate toothpaste here is Really pasty, and feels a little strange to us and our American Colgate taste, but still gets the job done}. I smeared the sunscreen all up and down my arms, and was hit with a floral fragrance. The banana boat I know has no such fragrance. It was at this moment, with the product soaking into my skin that I realized we had been duped!!!!! This was not my favorite sunscreen, this was CONDITIONER, put in my favorite sunscreen bottle and sold as such!!!!

Can you believe this??!??!?!?!....
Too good to be true..zztztzt
xoxoxo Alicia Claire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home