Monday, July 14, 2008

teal seas and pale skin

hello!!!
Wow!!! This place is too beautiful!! Just when I thought that Tanzania could not be any better we arrive here in Paje. I feel too lucky to be on this trip with my dreamlover, and just enjoying life.
We arrived here late afternoon after an hour ride from Stonetown. Of course the ride here was interesting and lovely to see the scenery. I have enjoyed every car ride in Tanzania, just because its such a wonderful way to get a glimpse of what else this country has to offer. I just cannot seem to get over the architecture of all the little homes and shops. They are very shanty looking, but beautiful as well with their often tin roofs and as Jonathan mentioned wood stick and rope construction.
Right after our delectable juice welcome, and dropping off our preposterously large backpacks {seriously..I don't know how we are even doing this with these things!!} We went straight to the ocean. It is the most clear teal and turquoise blue ever, and the temperature is warn and perfect. Although Jonathan didn't seen to find it as warm as I did, but then again, he did not grow up swimming in the Atlantic!! Today we are going to actually swim vs wade our feet. My biggest concern here at Paje by Night is my pale skin!! I have been trying my best, but despite my wildest efforts I have still gotten a lil colour :"{. We had to buy some strange not to be trusted sunblock, because we are almost out of my liquid anti sun block!!! AaHahahaha...Well, at least I have an umbrella and a sun hat. I am serious people..I am trying to look like a young lady forever, and that sun, no matter how lovely is my enemy in that!!!!
ok...off to swim and reflect the rays!!!
xoxoxoxo
Alicia Claire

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2008 at 5:37 AM , Blogger vix said...

alicia claire, your skin was the first thing that i thought about when i saw the white sand beach and the beautiful waters....you need about 100spf, but i don't think they make it that strong yet. is jonathan getting bronzed and looking more handsome? love vix

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home