Friday, July 11, 2008

Some Long Overdue Photos

These are the times I would like to have my own computer. Resizing and uploading photos is quite time consuming. Here are a few fun ones to start out with.




The Red Pyramid - this is the one we got to go inside all by ourselves!



Turkish coffee is a bit, well, gross at the bottom. Alicia hated it, I enjoyed it a bit, probably because the stuff is like rocket fuel (before you get to the goop that is).



Don't order mixed drinks in Egypt. These were most likely the worst martinis ever made by man.



I took this out of the "pop-top" roof of the Land Crusier as we were coming into the Serengeti Sopa lodge a bit late from a flat tire and then broken jack.



A little family of elephants.



For Laura, yet another Serengeti sunset.



The drive down into Ngorogoro crater is amazing. This picture was taken a bit after the elephant ran out in front of us. The drive out was on a different, one lane, one way road that required 4-Low in the Land Cruiser. Fun!



Alicia and I with our wonderful guide and driver, Hamisi.



Last but not least, Alicia and her new dress with the excellent seamstress who made it! We'll post more photos of the full outfit soon.

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2008 at 9:14 AM , Blogger vix said...

beautiful pictures and worth the wait......keep 'em coming!!!! alicia claire you look amazing and stunning in your outfit!!!! so far your hair is still looking good. hey any reactions to your sparkles?
jonathan.....great pictures and the two of you with your driver is great. love, vix

 
At July 11, 2008 at 4:30 PM , Blogger jonathanHunt said...

OK, my friends... I just found out you had a blog going for your trip! Wendy and I devoured the whole thing, and have been chattering about your trip.

1) I love you two, and miss ya. The writings and pictures make it ever-more-apparent.

2) You're doing good work for all of us. Sharing your ideas, experiences, and sensations bring a much-needed taste of the non-U.S. world. It's adding activation to our discussions.

3) Maybe we'll meet up with ya. Found some cash from a acquisition of this company I used to work for; my shares were purchased. Only a fraction of your amazing savings endeavor, but enough for a few weeks somewhere far away.

4) Keeeeeeep it comin. I'll be closely watching for more updates and pictures.

5) Feel free to ask for assistance. If you need me to do some online research for you, utilizing my fast and free internet account, JUST ASK! I love that sorta thing.

Talk to you soon,

Jonathan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home