Thursday, December 18, 2008

Twist-N-Twirl

Last night Jonathan and I went to do what we came to Kuta for. We went DANCING!!! This crazy town is packed with clubs and bars, and I was just itching to bring it to the dance floor!

We began our night at a "reggae" bar that was horrible. The DJ was playing the likes of Shaggy and Red Red Wine tracks. Not what we had in mind. After a crappy cocktail, we deiced to just wander up and down the street, as most of the night spots are on one strip. As we meandered our way along we passed many super gross Aussie travelers, the guys were the worst wearing their swim board shorts and no top. What are these guys thinking? They all look like such fools to me. First of all I cant stand board shorts, I think they are cliche and boring, but to wear them all day and into the night when they are not even near the beach, then to also feature a bare chest is just idiotic.

The music bumping and blasting out of most of the clubs was total trash sleaze hip hop. This was also not what we had in mind. We finally walked past a spot that seemed to be playing electro housey beats and we thought that this was our best bet. Inside the lighting on the dance floor was gross. They had red and green laser beams shooting all around making everyone look like writhing Christmas tress. Dreamman and I ordered cocktails and found a spot on the edge of the dance floor away from the miserable light show. From here we also had the best vantage point of the whole dancing crowd, and DJ booth which was up a level in a cage like podium.

The first and second DJ of the night were girls, and I have to say they were rocking it out. I was not disappointed in the music. It started off kind of classic electro but there were lots of wild drum beats thrown in, and it progressed to grindy grimy beats that I just love. It was especially interesting to get to see and hear 2 fierce female djs dressed in tight outfits in a Muslim country.

Lover and I had a total blast people watching before we brought it to the dance floor ourselves. The best and worst, was this white girl flailing around like she was having seizures. She was wafting her limbs and head in every which direction. I don't think she gets out much back home, nor does she have any sense of rhythm or dance whatsoever. I could not get over her. In fact I felt terrible for her, and had to restrain from dancing myself, for a while, because I just did not want to put her to shame. Her boyfriend was glued to a couch in a corner obviously not into the club or music, with no desire to be there at all. I felt bad for him too. The girl tried to get him to dance with her countless times, and it was disturbing to see his discomfort and her begging.

The rest of the crowd was local flavor, and predominantly gay. Leave it to me to find the gay dance club by accident!! hahaha. I think Jonathan and I were both thoroughly pleased to be at a bumping party filled with locals as opposed to the super trashed out travelers/tourists!

I ended up having the strongest cocktail of this entire trip last night in that club and danced it up like a wild women. I loved it! As gross as most of the people are here and as tourist driven as it is, it was all worth it to come here for me just to dance.

We will take advantage of the rest of our time here and go dancing at least 2 more times!! I am sure there will be much more people watching hysteria and twists and twirls to be made!!

xoxoxox
Alicia Claire

1 Comments:

At December 19, 2008 at 1:01 PM , Blogger vix said...

Once again I am laughing out loud!!! The boys and their nerve going bare chested and wearing the wrong shorts!!!! Alicia Claire you crack me up. I never knew about all the things that bother you. Has Jonathan learned new things as well?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home