Sunday, August 24, 2008

Photo Op

The other day, actually before we went to Tito, and before our monsoon moment we went into another local part of Goa. We walked throughout he scorching open air market, with wafts of dried fish and spices tickling my nose {not in a good way]. We wandered till I just couldn't bare the heat anymore, and Jonathan needed a snack. We ended up in a local joint not accustomed to travelers. Jonathan had 2 fab samosoas for 50cents. At this point in our trip we are used to being stared at, but I had a whole new level of nonsense happen at this spot. I was glasncing around the room to see a table of guys staring at me {common for Indian men to stare annoyingly at fair skinned ladies}, but what really got me was that one of them was taking pictures of me on his camera phone!!! As if I am some sort of circus freak or something!!
I gave him the dirtiest look I could muster, and made him feel stupid for sure. The funny thing is, had he asked to take my picture I would have posed it out, and loved it, you all know this, bu he was being all sneaky. Not to mention, in every guide book you will ever read it stresses not to take photos of people...its jus rude, unless you ask. I have seen so many amazing looking people, and have wanted to have their picture, but have held back, then this sleeze ball guy just takes mine like its no thing..uugghh!!!
Total nonsense!!
xoxoxo
Alicia Claire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home